Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
1st Part : CASE STUDY:
MANAGING PEOPLE FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVES You are an engineering graduate with an MBA and 10 years of management experience, and have just been appointed as CEO of a manufacturing company. The company has existed since the 1950s, but tariff reductions since the 1970s have placed it under increasing pressure. In recent years the company has been on the brink of closing down and your task is to turn it back into a viable enterprise. You were reluctant to take on the obviously difficult job and had a number of other options, but the board convinced you by offering a very attractive salary package and undertaking to support your decision fully, provided that you delivered results within a year. The senior management team consists of five people, all of whom were appointed by the previous CEO when he took up his job seven years ago. The former CEOs background was in accounting and his approach to dealing with the companys difficulties could best be described as cost minimization he sought to rescue falling profits by reducing costs wherever possible. He was, moreover, what he described as an old fashioned manager which in practice meant being a strict disciplinarian and asserting his right to make decisions without consulting staff. The approach to encouraging staff performance has been the threat of dismissal. The senior management team were in agreement with him on this strategy and this remains their preferred option. As a result of this approach, the companys plant and machinery has not been upgraded for some years. The production process is an assembly line and workers are rarely rotated among different jobs. Further, most staff are employed on individual contracts and paid poorly by industry standards. The only assessment of performance is based on production output (which is low by industry standards), and no staff are formally appraised. In spite of a lack of manufacturing jobs in the area, voluntary turnover employees resigning is high and this is compounded by the fact that staff are routinely dismissed for minor errors or breaches of procedure. This is justified by the other managers on the basis that there are plenty more where he came from! due to high unemployment in the area. The company has already faced a number of formal complaints about unfair dismissal, some of which have ended up in court.
Answer the following questions.( Case Study )
a) In your role as CEO, outline how you would change the people management practices in the company.
b) How would your proposed changes improve organizational performance?
c) What do you see as the major barriers to change and how would you overcome them?
2nd Part : Answer any 5 of the following questions:
Medical and Hospital Equipment Supplies & Maintenance company
1. Thinking about your current job, what sources of power do you have at your disposal?
2. How many negotiation situations have you encountered in the last week? Select two and analyze why you chose to negotiate, rather than resorting to some other approach.
3. Analyze your own job and draw up a job description. How would you use this job description? How does it differ from your formal job specification?
4. Examine a situation where someone you know was dismissed from their job-e.g. a colleague or friend? What were the grounds for dismissal? What procedures were followed? Evaluate the fairness and transparency of the process.
5. Think of some work that you delegated or were delegated to you. How well was the work defined? What level of assistance was provided? Was its significance explained?
6. Consider two or three recent changes in your own workplace. What caused them? How did they occur-were they planned or evolutionary? What was the reaction of the people affected? How could they have been better managed?
7. Analyze your own workforce. What different cultural backgrounds are represented? Are you aware of the cultural norms which apply? Do you interact differently with those employees from different culture from your own? Why/why not?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more