Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
MIS607 Assessment 2 Threat Model Report
Course: MIS607 Cybersecurity
You are required write a 1500 words Threat modelling report in response to a case scenario by identifying the threat types and key factors involved. This assessment is intended to build your fundamental understanding of these key threats so that you will be able to respond/mitigate those factors in Assessment 3. In doing so, this assessment will formatively develop the knowledge required for you to complete Assessment 3 successfully.
Security threat modelling, or threat modelling is a process of assessing and documenting a system’s security risks. Threat modelling is a repeatable process that helps you find and mitigate all of the threats to your products/services. It contributes to the risk management process because threats to software and infrastructure are risks to the user and environment deploying the software. As a professional, your role will require you to understand the most at-risk components and create awareness among the staff of such high-risk components and how to manage them. Having a working understanding of these concepts will enable you to uncover threats to the system before the system is committed to code.
1. Carefully read the attached the case scenario to understand the concepts being discussed in the case.
2. Review your subject notes to establish the relevant area of investigation that applies to the case. Reread any relevant readings that have been recommended in the case area in modules. Plan how you will structure your ideas for the threat model report.
3. Draw a use DFDs (Data Flow Diagrams):
· Include processes, data stores, data flows
· Include trust boundaries (Add trust boundaries that intersect data flows)
· Iterate over processes, data stores, and see where they need to be broken down
· Enumerate assumptions, dependencies
· N umber everything (if manual)
· Determine the threat types that might impact your system
· STRIDE/Element: Identifying threats to the system.
· Understanding the threats (threat, property, definition)
4. The report should consist of the following structure:
A title page with subject code and n ame, assignment title, student’s n ame, student, and lecturer’s n ame.
The introduction that will also serve as your statement of purpose for the report. This means that you will tell the reader what you are going to cover in your report. You will need to inform the reader of:
a) Your area of research and its context
b) The key concepts of cybersecurity you will be addressing and why you are drawing the threat model
c) What the reader can expect to find in the body of the report
The body of the report) will need to respond to the specific requirements of the case study. It is advised that you use the case study to assist you in structuring the threat model report, drawing DFD and presenting the diagram by means of subheadings in the body of the report.
The conclusion will summarise any findings or recommendations that the report puts forward regarding the concepts covered in the report.
5. Format of the report
The report should use font Arial or Calibri 11 point, be line spaced at 1.5 for ease of reading, and have page n umbers on the bottom of each page. If diagrams or tables are used, due attention should be given to pagination to avoid loss of meaning and continuity by unnecessarily splitting information over two pages. Diagrams must carry the appropriate captioning.
There are requirements for referencing this report using APA style for citing and referencing research. It is expected that you used 10 external references in the relevant subject area based on readings and further research.
7. You are strongly advised to read the rubric, which is an evaluation guide with criteria for grading the assignment. This will give you a clear picture of what a successful report looks like.
Submit Assessment 2 via the Assessment l ink in the main navigation menu in MIS607 Cybersecurity. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more