Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
Project Part 1: Network Survey
Network defenses rely first on understanding the current configuration of hosts, services, and protocols in use within the organization. Before it is possible to plan to change anything, you must first understand what is present and where it is located within the network. The initial phase of any network security realignment process involves identifying existing resources.
You have been working as a technology associate in the information systems department at Corporation Techs. The Corporation Techs’ management is concerned that they are losing business to a competitor whose bids are too accurately just under the bids offered by Corporation Techs––by an exact amount. A security firm was contracted to conduct a review of Corporation Techs’ systems, identifying unauthorized access to the Web server as a potential source of compromise due to the shared reporting and public Web site functions. The packet trace and vulnerability scans gathered during this review are available for your use.
The Web server provides public access to the organization’s static Web site for contact information, while sales team members in the field transfer contract and bid documents using a site secured with a logon and password. Corporation Techs has budgeted for new networking hardware but does not want to add additional servers due to cooling issues. Your manager has asked you to create a security plan that will prevent unauthorized access, while making sure that both public and secured Web access remain available.
The data and information you need to complete this part of the project are provided to you. (See the Required Source Information and Tools section at the beginning of this document.) In this part of the project, you need to conduct a survey of the existing hosts, services, and protocols within Corporation Techs’ network. Specifically, you need to:
1. Access the PCAP data using NetWitness Investigator.
2. Identify hosts within the Corporation Techs’ network.
3. Identify protocols in use within the Corporation Techs’ network.
4. Develop a list of hosts and services provided by each.
5. Create a professional report detailing the information above as the initial document for development of the network security plan.
Project Part 2: Network Design
As discussed so far in this course, the configuration of a network affects the options available for security and network defense. Using the network survey produced during the first part of this project, together with host vulnerability assessments and access requirements, you need to design an updated network structure.
You have been working as a technology associate the information systems department at Corporation Techs for a while now. You have discovered so far that all of Corporation Techs’ computer systems share the same Class C public IP address range, including workstations along with servers providing authentication, e-mail, and both secure and public Web sites.
Your next task in this project is to construct a basic network design. An important requirement for the network design is to reduce the number of public addresses needed as the subnet lease results in very high ISP costs.
Construct a basic network design, separating private and public services within the Corporation Techs’ network. To do so, you must:
1. Access the PCAP files using NetWitness Investigator, and browse the Nmap scan (XML format), topology fisheye chart (PDF format), and Nessus report (HTML format).
2. Identify vulnerabilities and clear-text information transfer.
3. Conduct research and determine the best network design to ensure security of internal access while retaining public Web site availability.
4. Identify any opportunities for reduced ISP costs through port redirection or address translation.
5. Design a network configuration, identifying network gateways, port or address redirection systems, and the location of hosts within private and protected network segments.
6. Create a professional report detailing the information above as supportive documentation for the network security plan.
7. Create a report that includes a basic network diagram and research results.
Final Project: Network Security Plan
You have been working as a technology associate in the information systems department at Corporation Techs for three months now. You have conducted a network survey and developed a basic network design intended to provide security for private network resources and publically exposed Web services.
Your manager specified that all information transferred between the sales team in the field and the organizational servers must be protected against snooping. The manager also wants the secured reporting site to be available only through the organization’s private network so that an outsourced network-based intrusion detection system (NIDS) service can log all connections. Tasks You need to recommend a network design and identify hardening strategies intended to meet the requirements. To do so, you must:
1. Access the PCAP and other scan data for this project.
2. Conduct research and determine the best network design to meet the stated requirements.
3. Research hardening strategies and identify recommended mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities.
4. Identify mechanisms for secure network access by remote users, both in terms of secure Web access as well as reporting access conducted using the private network.
5. Develop a network security plan including network realignment, hardening practices, and policies for remote resource access.
6. Identify expectations from recommended changes and provide justification for each recommendation in simple language so that primary stakeholders are able to understand it.
7. Create a professional report detailing the information above, presented as a recommendation for a network security realignment project for Corporation Techs. Include persuasive justification and measurable expectations as part of this recommendation.
Write the network design results as detailed in the instructions above. Your plan should be made using a standard word processor format compatible with Microsoft Word.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more