Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). Assignments should adhere to graduate-level writing and be free from writing errors. Please follow the instructions to get full credit. I need this completed by 04/11/2020 at 6pm.
Assignment – Week 7
For this week’s Assignment, you are to consider the needs of clients who are transitioning. Specifically, you are to focus on what affirmative counseling might look like considering three potential phases of transitioning: Social transition, HRT, and Gender Alignment Surgery. To prepare for this Assignment, consider potential challenges a client might face. Then consider counseling strategies that could be used to address these challenges.
The Assignment (2- to 3-page paper):
For each of the three potential phases of transitioning:
• Explain two challenges a client might face.
• Explain two strategies a counselor might use to address each challenge.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
• Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
• Chapter 7, “Gender Identity and Affectional Sexual Orientation”
• Article: ALGBTIC (2018). ALGBTIC Competencies for counseling LGBQQIA Clients and ALGBTIC Competencies for counseling Transgender Clients. Retrieved from http://www.algbtic.org/competencies.html
• Article: Baiocco, R., Fontanesi, L., Santamaria, F., Ioverno, S., Marasco, B., Baumgartner, E., Willoughby, B. L., and Laghi, F. (2015). Negative Parental Responses to Coming Out and Family Functioning in a Sample of Lesbian and Gay Young Adults. Journal of Child and family studies 24(5), 1490–1500. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Article: Collazo, A., Austin, A., &Craig, S.L. (2013). Facilitating Transition Among Transgender Clients: Components of Effective Clinical Practice. Clinical Social Work Journal, 41: 228-237.
• Article: D’amico, E., Julien, D., Tremblay, N., & Chartrand, E. (2015). Gay, lesbian, and bisexual youths coming out to their parents: Parental reactions and youths’ outcomes. Journal of GLBT Family Studies, 11(5), 411–437. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Article: Ehrensaft, D. (2014). Found in Transition: Our Littlest Transgender People. Contemporary Psychoanalysis, (50)4: 571-592.
• Article: Goldfried, M. R., & Goldfried, A. P. (2001). The importance of parental support in the lives of gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 57(5), 681–693. Retrieved from the Walden Library using the Academic Search Complete database.
• Article: Russell, S. T., & Fish, J. N. (2016). Mental Health in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Youth. ANNUAL REVIEW OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY, VOL 12, 12, 465–487. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Article: Sherer I. Social Transition: Supporting Our Youngest Transgender Children. Pediatrics. 2016;137(3):e20154358
• Article: Snapp, S. D., Watson, R. J., Russell, S. T., Diaz, R. M., & Ryan, C. (2015). Social Support Networks for LGBT Young Adults: Low-Cost Strategies for Positive Adjustment. Family Relations, (3), 420. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (2011). Coming out stories. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 43 minutes.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more