Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
This document of CJA 354 Week 5 Reading Assignment Review comprises:
Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question. Post your answers on the Answer Sheet at the end of this Review. You need only post that sheet to the Assignment Section by Day 7 of Week 2.
Chapter 13 TRUE/FALSE. Write ‘T’ if the statement is true and ‘F’ if the statement is false.
1) A victim is any individual against whom an offense has been committed.
2) During the Golden Age of the Victim, the state exerted complete control over the punishment of the offender.
3) The programs may be underfunded, but today all 50 states have passed legislation providing monetary payments to crime victims.
4) Most victim/witness assistance programs are staffed by highly trained professionals.
5) Advocates for victims’ rights assert the fundamental right of victims to be equitably represented throughout the criminal justice process.
6) When the victim’s movement began, the idea of rights for victims of crime was already central to the criminal justice system.
7) Son of Sam laws have faced challenges under the First Amendment’s guarantee of the right to freedom of expression.
8) Victim impact statements have a significant influence on sentencing judges.
9) The National Crime Victimization Survey typically uncovers more crime than the Uniform Crime Reports.
10) The UCR Program uses a hierarchy rule which requires that only the most serious offense in a multiple offense criminal incident be counted.
FILL IN THE BLANK / SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question.
11) The Right of ________ is a statutory provision permitting crime victims to speak at the sentencing of convicted offenders.
12) The David Berkowitz case resulted in notoriety-for-profit laws or Son of ________ laws.
13) The statistics of the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program are collected by the ________.
14) ________ males aged 12 to 24 experience violent crime at a rate significantly higher than the rates for other population groups.
TRUE/FALSE. Write ‘T’ if the statement is true and ‘F’ if the statement is false.
15) Restorative justice is a sentencing model that attempts to make the victim “whole again.”
16) Concurrent sentencing mandates long prison sentences for offenders who are convicted of a third felony offense.
17) Selective incapacitation is a sentencing strategy that imprisons offenders considered to be the most dangerous.
18) Proportionality is a sentencing principle that holds that the severity of sanctions should be much more severe than the severity of the crime committed.
19) Federal truth in sentencing legislation encourages the states to guarantee that certain violent offenders will actually be in prison for close to the amount of time they were sentenced.
20) Hate crimes are defined by what motivated the offender’s conduct.
21) Capital punishment is the imposition of a sentence of life without parole for first degree murder.
22) The number of annual executions has been steadily rising as changes in the law and recent Supreme Court decisions facilitated an increasing rate of legal death.
23) A comprehensive study showed that the impact of boot camp programs on offender recidivism is at best negligible.
24) House arrest with electronic monitoring is more expensive than housing an offender in jail.
25) Retribution, deterrence, rehabilitation, restoration and incapacitation are all ________ .
26) One fundamental way to distinguish ________ from violations of the civil law is to recognize that they are subject to punishment.
27) ________ is a court requirement that an offender pay money or provide services to the victim of the crime or provide services to the community.
28) ________ justice attempts to balance the legitimate needs of the community, the offender and the victim.
29) ________ is a sentence of imprisonment that is deferred.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more