Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
TED Description: As America becomes more and more multicultural, Rich Benjamin noticed a phenomenon: Some communities were actually getting less diverse. So he got out a map, found the whitest towns in the USA — and moved in. In this funny, honest, human talk, he shares what he learned as a black man in Whitopia.
~500-word blog: Write your reaction to chapter 10 on the social attribution theory and connect it to the experiences of Rich Benjamin. Structure your blog into strong paragraphs: intro (context of exploration), connection (background information), focus (concepts from the textbook in relation to TED talk), dilemma (define the problem and provide examples), solution (describe solutions), conclusion (evaluate and synthesize your ideas based on various perspectives), and finally future direction (pose one critical question). Your writing should be understandable by someone who has not read the chapter or heard Rich’s funny adventure through Whitopia.
BB 10: Social Interaction Across Cultures
TED Description: Fernando LanzerBrazilian, having lived in the United States and currently based in the Netherlands; Fernando Lanzer has a reputation for “telling it like it is” using humor. He has two published books: “ Take Off Your Glasses”, in English and “Crossing Cultures Without Getting Run Over”, in Portuguese. Fernando Lanzer makes use of his experience of 28 years as an executive ABN AMRO and 12 years as a consultant in over 40 countries to speak about leadership and managing across cultures. He is a former chair of the Supervisory Group of AIESEC International.
After completing the above assignments for BB12, write a short blog (500 words) by integrating the below questions into your piece. Start early to ensure that your peers have enough time to read and comment on your blog. Post at least two different peer-comments.
Based on your reading of chapter 11, cross-cultural psychologists ask important questions on how to tackle issues of cross-cultural miscommunication and how to bring positive change to such essential human activities.
1. Self-interest: Which of the topics presented in this chapter sparked your interest? Elaborate and tell us how your current academic knowledge base might help you in your future profession. Use specific concepts from the textbook and provide specific examples. Then link your intro paragraph to the TED Talk (next question)
2. Focus: What is the central idea of the TED Talk? What were some highlights of his talk? How is his talk connected to your intro idea? Define a dilemma in his talk to link it to my next question.
3. Dilemma: Did you ever experience any kind of culture shock as described in the TED Talk? Or did you ever experience intergenerational miscommunication between yourself and let’s say family members (e.g., parents, grandparents, etc.) or friends who grew up in different times and geographies?
4. Solution: What might help to avoid any kind of miscommunication when working with colleagues from various cultural backgrounds? What solutions is the research descried in the chapter offering?
5. Conclusion: What are your concluding thoughts based on what you have learned this week about social interaction across cultures and in general about the course so far? Be specific.
Finally, ask one critical question and answer at least two different peer-questions after posting your initial-post.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more