Truly appreciate the things your company does. It truly helps people with certain deadlines and a hectic life they have.
For this course you are to read The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Once read, you are to write an analysis of the book. This analysis should not be a summary of the book; rather it should be a thoughtful response to the book as it relates to human behavior. What are the implications of living a life with “locked-in syndrome”? Provided are several points to consider while reading. These points should be used as discussion topics in your essay. You do not have to cover every point listed. The essay should be no less than 2 pages in length and written in accurate MLA format. In-text citations should be used when needed.
Points to consider while reading The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
• What is a diving bell? Why do you think it is an excellent metaphor for Bauby’s physical restrictions?
• What is ‘locked-in-syndrome’, describe the symptoms
• What injury did Bauby sustain which landed him in the hospital? What region(s) of the brain were impacted?
• How do you think that Bauby’s personality and outlook could have contributed to his approach/outlook on his situation?
• Although Bauby has experienced a catastrophic and irreversible physical disability there is no talk of suicide in the book, why do you think this is?
• How does the reality of ‘coming out’ of a coma differ from the Hollywood ‘awakenings’ we see? Explain
• Why do you think that many people avoid Bauby?
• Even though Bauby is physically inert, his mind is still clear and active, how do we know this is so? Provide examples
• In what way is Bauby forced to grieve for his own life?
• What does Bauby’s experience tell us about life and our approach to those with disabilities?
• How does the title aptly apply to Bauby’s experiences?
This book has been made into a movie and we will be viewing the movie in class. You are to identify a minimum of three parts of the video which depart from the book and list these examples on the last page of your paper. Provide a short explanation why you think these differences occurred.
I strongly recommend having your paper proofread. 30% of your final grade will reflect the quality of the construction of the paper including: grammar, syntax, organization and flow.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more